Healthy Workplaces Program
It has been found that healthy employees are three times more productive, have more energy, higher self-esteem, and lower risk of chronic disease which can lead to a reduction in absenteeism and staff turnover (source: Achievement program website).
Primary Care Connect has been engaged with the Healthy Workplaces program since 2015 and over the years have made many changes to the working environment to improve the health and wellbeing of its staff members.
To date Primary Care Connect have been recognized for 4/5 health priority areas including healthy eating, physical activity, mental health and wellbeing and smoking and are currently working towards recognition for Alcohol and Other Drugs.
Some of the initiatives that have come out of working through the Achievement Program include:
- Weekly fruit box delivery for staff, visitors, and clients.
- Implementation of a healthy catering policy.
- Staff access to gym facility.
- Flexible working hours and working from home opportunities.
- Establishment and re-establishment (this year) of outdoor eating and community garden space
Follow the link to see how you can support the health and wellbeing of your staff members.