Dietetics & Nutrition
Aim of the Service
- To find out more about healthy eating and nutrition
- To learn about dietary changes to manage medical conditions
- To learn more about shopping, food budgeting and label reading
- To have support to make healthy lifestyle changes
- To set goals improving nutrition
The Dietetics service is available to any member of the community. Whilst not mandatory, a GP referral is highly desirable.
- The dietetics service is available to any member of the public.
- GP Referrals will be accelerated.
- Clients with health urgency may also be accelerated.
- Wait times range from 3 weeks.
How to get an appointment
People can self-refer through our website or can phone our Intake team. We also accept referrals from GPs and other Health Professionals. Our dietitians will need information such as your medical history, current medications and recent pathology results to tailor dietary advice for you. Your GP can include this in a referral or with your consent our Allied Health Assistant can contact your GP on your behalf.
Any other locations for appointments?
- Primary Care Connect
- Mooroopna Education and Activity Centre